Ari Dean Gleckman
Chief Psychologist, Director of Clinical Training for Psychological Services
Dr. Gleckman has a vast range of knowledge and experience to bring to Center for Pain Management. Dr. Gleckman attended The University of Kentucky and Ball State University for his graduate studies and training. He has clinical experience with behavioral medicine, pain psychology, addiction, and the treatment of traditional psychological disorders. At Center for Pain, he will assist with the identification of patients who are suitable to receive implantable devices, lead both group and individual therapy sessions, and occasionally assist with pain medication management for patients with addictions.
His main focus will be utilizing individual and group sessions to build patients’ “toolboxes” to help them improve their quality of life in spite of the pressures of chronic pain. He will also be taking on the creation of a strong Department of Psychology within the Center for Pain Management family. Dr. Gleckman has also been an adjunct professor in the Department of Psychology at IUPUI, Ball State University, and the University of Indianapolis. Dr. Gleckman will include his doctoral students in the Department of Psychology. This will help the psychological program grow into a more robust and comprehensive resource for patients.
Dr. Gleckman has been married to his wife Jennifer for 30 years, a healthcare executive here in Indianapolis, and is the proud father of 3 children.
- 1993 Post-Doctoral Fellowship National Institutes of Mental Health – Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT Serious Mental Illness/Addictions
- 1991 Pre-Doctoral Internship Connecticut Valley Hospital, Middletown, CT Serious Mental Illness/Addictions/Forensics
- 2013-Present ASA Concierge Psychological Services Carmel, IN President/Owner
- 2005-Present Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department – Administration Div. Indianapolis, IN Forensic Consultant – Disability & Pension Determination/Finance Unit
- 2004-2021 Indiana Polyclinic Carmel, IN Director of Psychological Services & Psychological Training
- 2002-2004 Pain Management Specialist of Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN Director of Psychological Sciences
- 1996-2006 The Methodist Medical Group – Indianapolis Psychiatric Associates Indianapolis, IN Consulting & Clinical Psychologist
- 1995-1996 Danbury Hospital – Department of Behavioral Sciences Danbury, CT Chief Psychologist – Section of Adult Partial Hospital Programs 1995-1996 & Inpatient Services
- 1992-1994 Connecticut Subacute Corporation Waterbury, CT Director of Psychological Services
Teaching and Supervisory Experience
- 2014-Present Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN Adjunct Assistant Professor – Department of Psychological Sciences
- 2010-2012 Indiana University Bloomington, IN Clinical Supervisor – Department of Counseling Psychology
- 2002-Present Ball State University Muncie, IN Adjunct Assistant Professor – Department of Counseling Psychology
- 2000-Present University of Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN Adjunct Assistant Professor – School of Psychological Sciences
- 1999-2003 Butler University Indianapolis, IN Clinical Supervisor – College of Pharmacy Physician Assistant Training Program